Sunday, November 17, 2019

Feeling better and settling in

The cold I came down with early in the week persisted into the weekend, but the symptoms have been subdued, I guess because of that shot I got at the doctor's office.  Most significant is that I've remained my usual energetic self for the most part.  Those illnesses I had in June and October had stretches where I didn't feel like doing much besides lying in bed.

And I'm pleased to report that my back and obliques have been feeling a lot better in recent days.  I'm not sure I'm ready to pronounce myself completely healed, but I'm encouraged by the way things are going.

As I said before, through all this I'm just trying to keep moving.  It sounds pretty simple, but that attitude has served me well in the past and I hope it will once more.

Yesterday morning I did a round of the strength routine and then headed down to the river.  It was sunny and breezy with a temperature in the mid 40s Fahrenheit.  I went out and paddled a somewhat strong tempo for 60 minutes.

This morning I was back in the boat on a warmer but not quite as sunny day.  Once again I paddled for 60 minutes, pushing the pace maybe even a little higher than yesterday.


For more information on what this blog is about, click here.

No comments:

Post a Comment