Friday, November 29, 2019

Making these short days count

I did a round of the strength routine on Monday, and on Tuesday I paddled a loop of the harbor with Joe.  On Wednesday it was another round of strength work followed by a spirited 60-minute session out on the river.

As we near the end of the month I'm mostly happy with how it's gone.  At the start of the month I was hurting in much of the upper half of my body and not feeling much like an athlete at all.  Now I'm back into a training routine and, while not entirely free of the occasional ache or pain, ready to get into some more serious workouts.  Like I said earlier, the key is to keep moving.  The hardest part always seems to be fighting out of the state of inertia--getting up out of my chair and starting a strength workout, getting myself out of the house and down to the river.  Once I'm actually in motion my productivity seems to flow with little effort.  It sounds like simple physics, really.


For more information on what this blog is about, click here.

No comments:

Post a Comment