Monday, August 23, 2021

Monday photo feature


Dana Chladek, a member of the U.S. whitewater slalom team in the 1980s and 90s, sure looks psychedelic in this photo.  But in fact her splash top is blue with a red and white swoosh, and her boat is solid red.

This is a screen shot from an old stroke drills video that I've had in VHS cassette form for almost 30 years.  Lately I've been getting together the things I need to make some mp4 copies of old video tapes: a VCR that plays, the right cable to connect it to my laptop, the right software--all that kind of stuff.  My early digital copies have featured every color of the rainbow, and whether that's something I can fix on my computer or simply a trait of old beat-up video tapes that I have to accept is something I'll learn eventually.  In the meantime I'm not all that worried about it.

I have posted this stroke drills video on my You Tube channel, and you can watch it here.  Along with Ms. Chladek, the video stars Jana Freeburn and Davey Hearn.  The soundtrack features some Dire Straits tunes... I don't know whose idea that was.


For more information on what this blog is about, click here.

No comments:

Post a Comment