Thursday, August 12, 2021

Riding out the dog days

This week we're having just the sort of sweltering hot weather we expect in August in the Mid South.  Fahrenheit highs are reaching the high 90s, with triple-digit heat indices, and it's dipping just barely below 80 degrees overnight.  It looks like we might get a moment of relief this weekend.

On Tuesday I did two sets of three 8-minute pieces (2 minutes recovery) with stroke rates of 60, 68, and 60 strokes per minute within each set.

Yesterday I did four sets of four (1 minute on/1 min. off), alternating between 60 spm and 80 spm within each set.  I put a small resistance on the boat.  This was a technical workout, intended to put my focus on anchoring each stroke and executing good leg drive and pelvic rotation.

Today was a gym day.  I stayed in and did the same routine I've been doing since my return from the Pacific Northwest: some lat pulls, some military press, some abdominal exercises, some pull-ups, and some dead lifts.


For more information on what this blog is about, click here.

No comments:

Post a Comment