Thursday, August 26, 2021

Pushing through late summer

I started Tuesday with a half-loop of the harbor with Joe.  Thoroughly warmed up, I then commenced the workout: two sets of four (2 minutes at 64 strokes per minute/1 min. at 72 spm/2 min. at 64 spm/1 min. rest).  Maks told me to "execute the pace changes swiftly and with as little extra moves/stress as possible."  That was tricky to do; I think I was doing it much better by the second set.

Yesterday I returned to the river for a technical session: two sets of (4 times 1 min. on/1 min. off at 56 spm and 4 times 45 seconds on/75 sec. off at 76 spm).  Posture and leg drive were the focus, and I tried to call upon all the power of my legs and core that I could.

Today I did a gym session.  It's been very humid and hot this week, and it's expected to remain so for a couple of more days before abating a bit.


For more information on what this blog is about, click here.

No comments:

Post a Comment