Monday, March 18, 2024

Monday photo feature

Here I am on the bank of the Mississippi River up at Dubuque, Iowa.  It's the summer of 2017, and I guess one reason this is a good photo to post now is that there was a solar eclipse on its way to North America that summer, just like there is again now.  I remember seeing signs advertising that 2017 eclipse as I drove up through western Kentucky, which was in the path of totality.  This year western Kentucky is in the path of totality again, as is southeastern Missouri and northeastern Arkansas.  Maybe I'll take a little day trip on April 8 to see what it's like to have the moon directly between me and the sun.

All this eclipse talk is only very tangentially related to this week's photo feature, of course.  But some weeks the inspiration for what to post comes easily, and other weeks... not so much.


For more information on what this blog is about, click here.

No comments:

Post a Comment