Thursday, March 7, 2024

Not fit as a fiddle but striving for quality time in the boat anyway

Tuesday morning I did a gym session and then headed down to the riverfront, where I paddled for 60 minutes in a steady light rain.  Fortunately it was warm--almost 70 degrees Fahrenheit.  After warming up and doing three 8-stroke sprints, I did nine times (2 minutes on, 2 minutes off), in which each "on" interval consisted of 60 seconds at 70 strokes per minute, 30 seconds at 80 spm, and 30 seconds at 90 spm.  The workout went well enough, I guess, though I felt a bit sluggish and didn't feel like I was moving the boat all that crisply.  For a couple of days I'd been having more digestive woes--nothing too terrible, just some queasiness in the pit of my stomach.  So that wasn't helping.

My stomach continued to feel weird yesterday but seemed to have settled down by this morning.  I went down to the river and paddled for another 60 minutes, doing a big loop out on the Mississippi.  The weather was calm and I felt about as stable out on the river as in the harbor, so I was able to relax and practice good rotation for the whole hour.


For more information on what this blog is about, click here.

No comments:

Post a Comment