Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Dry dock


With below-freezing temperatures forecast for the next couple of days, I figure it's a good time to address a couple of minor boat-repair issues that I've been putting off.  I'll be using epoxy resin, which needs a temperature of at least 60 degrees Fahrenheit or so to cure properly, so I've brought the boat into the house, where the thermostat is set on 66 degrees F.  It sure is nice to have a long hallway.

I neglected to mention in Sunday's post that Austin Kieffer has just returned from a two-month training adventure in South Africa, home of some of the world's best surf ski racers.  In this blog post, he talks more about his goals for this year.  He also offers to provide coaching advice to other racers--whether he's willing to do so for just anybody, or only for his friends at Surf Ski Northwest, I'm not sure, but I expect that if you approach him politely he won't just blow you off.

No comments:

Post a Comment