Monday, January 20, 2014

More January beauty (for one more day)

My original plan was to spend today working and paddle tomorrow.  But today was a beautiful warm day, and the rest of the week is supposed to be freezing, so I went on down to the river this afternoon.  My car's in-dash temperature display read 63 degrees Fahrenheit, the wind wasn't bad, and there was not a cloud in the sky.

I didn't do anything special today.  I was a little tired in the boat, so I just paddled steady for 60 minutes, trying to take good crisp strokes the whole time.

It had been a long time since I'd paddled in the afternoon, and I felt discombobulated with the sun in a different part of the sky.  It was right in my eyes the whole time from the marina down to the mouth of the harbor.  Then I turned north and paddled upriver with the breeze at my back, and my sunglasses fogged up.  There are probably legally blind people whose vision is better than mine was on the river this afternoon.

The sun was about to set by the time I returned to the dock, and the temperature was dropping down into the 50s.  I tried to enjoy this mild weather for as long as I could before the next Arctic blast arrives.

No comments:

Post a Comment