Sunday, January 12, 2014

Going a little longer

In this part of the world we have nice days even in January, and today was such a one.  The Fahrenheit temperature as I drove to the river this morning was in the low 50s on its way to a high in the low 60s, and there was not a cloud in the sky.  Conditions were calm when I arrived at the marina, but the wind picked up as I did my rubber band exercises on the dock, and by the time I was in the boat I had some chop to deal with out on the river.  But in January, I can't complain.

I paddled for 80 minutes today.  Over the next couple of months I hope to put in one "longer" day each week--my first couple of races will be in the ninety-minute-to-two-hour range--and today was my first step in that direction.

I paddled at race pace for the middle half-hour (0:25 to 0:55) of the session, and felt good.

No comments:

Post a Comment