Sunday, May 11, 2014

Occupational hazards

This morning I did two sets of the May strength routine and paddled for 60 minutes.  In the boat I mostly paddled steady, with a few balance drills in beam waves and a few pieces of backpaddling.

I've still got that knot in my upper back, almost in my left shoulder, near the base of my neck.  I've also got some pain in my left arm in the biceps/triceps area, and I think it's more likely the result of my construction work than of canoe and kayak training.  My cordless drill is this big heavy thing, and I've been doing a lot of drilling tasks lately, some of which have involved extending my arm to full length to reach spots high on walls, on the ceiling, or in other hard-to-reach areas.  It's a good-quality tool that does everything I need it to do, but maybe I should look into something lighter for jobs like this.

No comments:

Post a Comment