Saturday, May 17, 2014

Wet and cold

I didn't do any sort of training Thursday and yesterday--neither paddling nor strength work.  What I did instead, with the help of a truly awesome friend who drove over from Georgia, was move an enormous amount of stuff out of my old workshop on my ex-spouse's property.  The end is in sight for this chore that I have been chipping away at for the last year.  The date by which I have promised to be out of there for good is coming up in a couple of weeks, so I will soon be bringing that unfortunate chapter of my life to a close at last.

The first of seven introductory kayaking classes I will be teaching was scheduled for this morning.  Alas, a relentless cold rain greeted the students and me out at Patriot Lake.  After a brief discussion we agreed that we should call it off.  This class involves a good bit of sitting on the grass and talking, and is generally supposed to be a fun, relaxing experience for everybody, and I just don't think that would have been the case with everybody drenched and shivering.  I hope all the students will return on one of the later dates.  Any readers of this blog interested in joining the fun can find more information here.

I came back home and decided that a couple of sets of the May strength routine was the best use of this morning.  I intend to be back in the boat tomorrow, rain or shine.

No comments:

Post a Comment