Wednesday, May 28, 2014

Storms brewing

It's turned stormy here on the Gulf Coast.  Though it wasn't here yet when I paddled yesterday afternoon, the wind was picking up and I had pretty bouncy conditions.  The uncertain stability made me tense my upper back and shoulders at times, and now that area is back to being quite stiff and sore... sigh.

This morning I did two sets of my "modified" May strength routine.  After that I asked the kids if anybody would like to paddle, but had no takers.  Instead we went to the beach and did some swimming.

After lunch some heavy rain arrived.  We sat around until it appeared to have moved out, and then late this afternoon my nephew Joel and I took out the tandem boat.  I was still quite tired from yesterday and this morning, so we paddled pretty easy along the shoreline.  Another storm cell blew in and we went ashore for a while.  I think our total time in the boat was maybe 40 minutes.  In any case, it was a recovery session I needed.

No comments:

Post a Comment