Monday, June 12, 2017

Massive decompression

I arrived on Dauphin Island on the Alabama Gulf Coast yesterday in the late afternoon.  I'll be spending several days with my family here before I head back home for the big race at Memphis.

On top of the intense training I was doing, I was dealing with an out-of-the-boat issue that was causing me considerable stress over the last couple of weeks.  I won't bore you with the details, but it came to a head over the weekend and forced me to delay my trip for a day.  I think it is now resolved and I am looking forward to several days here at the beach doing a whole lot of nothing.  I'll paddle my boat a little, swim a little, nap a little, read my book, enjoy the company of my niece and nephew... maybe I'll feel like a live human being again after a while.

In the boat I plan to do a few short (10-15 sec) sprints to polish my speed, and otherwise let my body recover and rest ahead of the race this Saturday.  This morning there's a pretty big thunderstorm system moving in but maybe by this afternoon I'll find a good window for paddling.

No comments:

Post a Comment