Thursday, June 8, 2017

Winding up the pre-OICK training block

On Tuesday Joe and I did an easy loop of the harbor, and once again it felt good to flush some fresh blood through my body after the hard work I'd done on Monday.

Yesterday I did the strength routine for the last time before the Outdoors, Inc., Canoe and Kayak Race a week from Saturday.  It feels good to have a break from the strength work for a while.

This evening it was back out to Shelby Farms for another group workout on Patriot Lake.  Once again we did four 500ish-meter sprints followed by a "fast lap" of the lake.  It was tiring but I came away feeling good about my fitness, as I felt as strong at the end as I'd felt in the first piece.

Now it's time to get some rest and head into the race next Saturday feeling fresh and sharp.  This weekend I'm heading down to Dauphin Island for my family's annual stay on the beach, and I'm looking forward to some relaxation and salt-water therapy.

No comments:

Post a Comment