Saturday, May 12, 2012

Catching up

Sorry for the several days of silence.  Allow me to bring you up to date:

On Wednesday, I did a 60-minute paddle to recover from Tuesday's workout.

On Thursday, I did four laps of the May strength circuit, and then rode my bike down to the river for a 100-minute paddling session with Joe.  We did a "pyramid" workout: pieces of 1 minute, 2 minutes, 3 minutes, 4 minutes, 5 minutes, 4 minutes, 3 minutes, 2 minutes, and 1 minute with a 2-minute recovery interval.

On Friday, I rode my bike down to the river and paddled for 100 minutes.

The river is on a nice rise this week.  After sitting around three or four feet on the Memphis gauge for what felt like forever,  it's coming up and is forecast to hit 17 feet by Monday.  During yesterday's session I paddled up into the lower end of the Loosahatchie Chute, an area that was nothing but sandbars when the water was low.

One other thing to catch up on: race results have been posted for my last two races.  The results of the Gator Bait Waterfest Regatta on Ross Barnett Reservoir near Ridgeland, Mississippi, are here.  The results of the Bluz Cruz Marathon on the Mississippi River at Vicksburg are here.

No comments:

Post a Comment