Sunday, May 27, 2012

Work now, rest later

I hope to get some rest this week with a pretty intense race coming up Saturday, but with three weeks still to go before the OICKR, I'm not ready to shut the training down quite yet.  So I put in some work today, doing seven laps of the May strength circuit and paddling for 100 minutes.  I'll lift weights again and do a hard workout on Tuesday, and then I'll go easy the rest of the week, with a few short sprints, in preparation for the Arkansas River Canoe and Kayak Race.

It feels like summer has arrived, with highs in the 90s and little rainfall but plenty of humidity.  I guess Memorial Day weekend is as reasonable a time as any for the heat to get here.  The good news is I'm feeling a bit more energetic and my weight has come back up.

No comments:

Post a Comment