Saturday, May 19, 2012

Good and loose

The Arkansas River Canoe and Kayak Race is two weeks from today.  The Outdoors, Inc., Canoe and Kayak Race is four weeks from today.

I knew today would be another hot one, but it was a nice morning again.  Perfect for a bike ride down to the river for some paddling.

In fact, this run of weather has been good for athletes in sports other than mine.  Yesterday a state record fell in high school track, as the Southwind High School boys ran 1:26.01 in the 4 x 200-meter relay at their regional meet.  "Day was warm, and I was feeling good and loose," said anchorman Jimmy Keys, who wound up as the meet's MVP.

I'm probably not feeling as good and loose as Keys--my back is still a little sore, and I'm tired in my shoulders from yesterday's workout--but I have to say my spirits are high with this good weather and the big races coming up.  Today I did an easy 60-minute paddle and enjoyed the nice day on the water.

No comments:

Post a Comment