Friday, April 26, 2013

Race tomorrow

This morning I did six short sprints (less than 15 seconds each) in the harbor.  Then I put the boat on the car and headed south.  If I had had plenty of time, I would have taken the "Blues Highway" (U.S. 61) through the Delta, but I didn't, so I took Interstate 55 to Jackson and I-20 to Vicksburg.

And here I am.  The Mississippi is plenty high, and some breezy conditions are forecast for tomorrow, so I expect it will be an exciting contest.

In an effort to relax and promote a good night's sleep tonight, I thought I'd soak in the bathtub in my motel room this evening, only to find that those Super 8 cheapskates have rigged the drain so it won't close.  But I'm too smart for them: just so happens I have a pill bottle whose lid fits right into the drain hole, so my tub held water.

Who knows how to stick it to The Man?  This guy.  That's who.

No comments:

Post a Comment