Friday, April 5, 2013

Spring... maybe?

This morning I did two sets of the April strength routine.  My abs are mighty sore as they adapt to the medicine ball drills.

Then I went downtown and paddled for 100 minutes.  I paddled up to the mouth of the Wolf, and then started a "pyramid" workout: pieces of 1 minute, 2 minutes, 3 minutes, 4 minutes, 5 minutes, 4 minutes, 3 minutes, 2 minutes, 1 minute with 2 minutes recovery in between.  I did the first three pieces on the flatwater in the bottom mile of the Wolf.  By the first four-minute piece, I was back out on the Mississippi, and some heavy barge traffic meant that I did that piece, along with the five-minute piece and the second four-minute piece, on some confused water.  The last three pieces took place back in the harbor.

Could it be that spring is here at last?  I woke up to a very foggy morning; here's a cool picture I pulled from the Face Book page of WREG-TV Channel 3 here in Memphis:


Once the fog burned off, it became beautiful and sunny with temperatures in the mid 60s Fahrenheit.  I'm likin' it.

No comments:

Post a Comment