Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Time to get a little more serious

Here's a new strength routine for the month of April:

1.  Exercise ball drill demonstrated by Jingjing Li at 2:55 of this video
2.  Clap pushups
3.  Hindi squats (demonstrated in this video)
4.  Bicep curls with 25-lb. (about 11.25 kg) dumbbell
5.  Exercise ball drill demonstrated by Jingjing Li at 1:57 of this video

This morning I did two sets of this routine.  Then I went to the river and paddled for 100 minutes.  With my most intense competitions of the season now just two months away, it's time to start dialing up the intensity in the boat.  Today I did four 8-minute buildup tempo pieces with four minutes recovery in between.  I struggled a little, but it nevertheless felt good to go faster after all the distance paddling I've been doing.

No comments:

Post a Comment