Friday, April 12, 2013

The start-to-boat-ramp workout

Today I did two sets of the April strength routine and paddled for 110 minutes.

I paddled up to the mouth of the Wolf and did a workout I've been doing for years.  Starting beneath the power lines where the Outdoors, Inc., Canoe and Kayak Race starts, I paddle at sub-maximum intensity down to the boat ramp at the south end of the parking lot that serves as the OICKR staging area.  I do this five times, the recovery being the paddle back up to the starting line.  Each piece takes me around 1:45 to 1:50; I estimate the distance at about a quarter-mile (probably less than 500 meters, since I'm pretty sure I'm not a sub-2-minute 500 guy).

This has been what I consider a perfect spring day: cool with plenty of sunshine, the air feeling washed clean by yesterday's rain.

No comments:

Post a Comment