Wednesday, September 28, 2016

Boat repair project update: fussing with the little stuff now

I took my repaired V12 down to the riverfront yesterday and paddled with Joe in the harbor for some 70 minutes.  It had been an entire week since I'd last paddled, and I felt stunningly fresh, as if I could lay down a sub-four-minute 1000-meter sprint right then and there.

But I was more concerned with how the boat's rudder system would do.  It worked, but like I said before, the rudder wasn't responding to the pedals as promptly as I prefer... there was sort of a mushy feeling in my feet that I didn't like at all.  Part of the reason is the slack in the tube I talked about in my last post, and I've brought the boat back into the shop to try to secure the tube a bit better.  Also, I think the new lines have a bit of stretch in them and need to be broken in.  Even though I'd fussed with them a lot before paddling yesterday, the pedals were uneven and I'll have to fuss with them some more.

No comments:

Post a Comment