Monday, September 12, 2016

Season's twilight

I'll be spending this coming week trying to get some rest and polish up my speed for my last competition of the year, the Gator Bait Race on Barnett Reservoir just outside Jackson, Mississippi.  Once this race is over I'll be ready for a break so I can give some other parts of my life the attention they deserve.

We're having a lovely several days, with low humidity and Fahrenheit highs in the 80s.  It looks like it'll be hot again later this week, but the balance is shifting in favor of nicer weather.

Yesterday I found time to run down to the river for a 40-minute paddle.  I warmed up and did eight 12-stroke sprints with full recovery in between.  Then, as I was heading back to the dock, a ski boat passed me on my left and it was putting out an irresistible wake, so I quickly sidled over and rode it for at least a half mile.

No comments:

Post a Comment