Monday, April 9, 2012

A "hard" easy day

Today I paddled in the harbor for 35 minutes with the same friend Martha and I paddled with last Monday.

She's one of a few friends Martha and I have encouraged to come paddle with us on the riverfront.  With most such friends, I have to paddle almost uncomfortably slow just so they can keep up.  That's not because I'm some world class talent, but simply because these people are novice paddlers who often have very little athletic background.  So even my easy pace is a little too fast for them.

Not so with this girl today.  Strong and not afraid to push herself, she stayed right there with me and even pushed the pace a little.  I was paddling pretty easy--I wasn't breathing hard or anything--but I was taking good solid strokes and not intentionally "waiting up" for her.  She really wants to get back in shape after her pregnancy, and I'm looking forward to accompanying her on some of that journey.

No comments:

Post a Comment