Wednesday, April 9, 2014

Going racing this Saturday

Well, I'm signed up for Vicksburg.  The Bluz Cruz Canoe and Kayak Race will take place this Saturday.  It starts about 22 miles up the Mississippi from Vicksburg, and finishes along the Vicksburg Front a mile or so up the Yazoo River.  I believe this will be my sixth time to participate in this race.

The upper back stiffness continues to be a concern.  My friend Muril sent me a link to a You Tube video of some exercises that target this area, so I'm trying them out.  Though there's no great improvement yet, I figure anything that engages this part of the body and gets some blood flowing through those muscles can't be bad.

Yesterday I paddled fairly easy with Joe for 70 minutes in the harbor.  Today I spent 60 minutes in the harbor and out on the river, doing six 12-stroke sprints at two-minute intervals and paddling at varying intensities out on the river, trying to sharpen my feel for the water out there ahead of Saturday's race.

No comments:

Post a Comment