Tuesday, April 15, 2014

I'm ready to start feeling right again

Today was a lovely day if you just stood inside looking out the window.  This morning I went downtown expecting pleasant paddling conditions: bright sunshine and high 40s Fahrenheit.  But then I was out on the dock, exposed to a pretty fierce north wind.  Joe and I paddled for 80 minutes, and then I went home feeling just as worn out from the chill as I feel on a typical January day.

I'm still tired and sore and stiff in the back.  I may just have to go easy for a few days and gather myself before I start up a serious block of training for the OICK Race on June 14.  I got another massage this afternoon and my back feels better right now, but it remains to be seen how it will feel after it tightens up overnight.  I've been dealing with this issue for about a month now and I'm wondering when this discomfort is going to run its course.

No comments:

Post a Comment