Saturday, April 19, 2014

K1 weather

It's hard to beat the weather we had today: sunny, light breeze, and warm (about 80 degrees Fahrenheit).

I've had my K1 stored indoors all winter.  It was sitting in a spot where I'm about to start doing some work, so I decided to take it back down to the marina for the summer.  Getting back in this boat after paddling my more-stable surf ski all winter was sort of a shock, but not too bad a one.  Actually, I felt like I picked up right where I left off last fall: in 40 minutes of paddling I had stretches where I felt great and stretches where I felt all wobbly.  My approach was to go over in my mind the things I've been doing in the ski that I feel really good about, and try to do those things in the K1.  The biggest struggle was paddling at high intensity: I just don't quite have the confidence in my balance to put the hammer down.

No comments:

Post a Comment