Sunday, March 31, 2013

A long trip round

I was slow to get going this morning after hearing some late-night live music last night.  I got in two sets of the March strength routine before lunch, but waited until the afternoon to paddle.

When I got down to the river I found calm, comfortable conditions for paddling.  Needing to get two or three more longer sessions in before the Vicksburg race, I paddled around the Loosahatchie Bar.  It took me 140 minutes, which I guess is about average for me.  Actually, it's a little slower than average, and I attribute that to a portage I had to do up at the top of the bar.  In the last several years a sandbar has developed up there, and I mistakenly thought I saw a passage through it.  Once I realized I was wrong, I just carried my boat over the sandbar rather than paddle a half-mile upriver to get around it.

It was a rather rainy weekend here, but as I was leaving the marina the sun came out at last.

No comments:

Post a Comment