Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Marathon training

I was keen to do a longer, more intense session in the boat today.  From the marina I paddled to the mouth of the harbor, then headed upriver toward the mouth of the Wolf River.  A steady northwest breeze slowed my progress on this leg, but the going wasn't as miserable as it sometimes can be.

When I got to the Wolf I paddled up it some two miles to the Danny Thomas Boulevard bridge.  Then I turned around and returned to the marina the same way I had come, pushing the pace pretty hard until I reached the harbor.  Elapsed time: 120 minutes.

I've been plenty tired the rest of the day.  But I think a couple more sessions like this one will be good to have under my belt when I enter the 22-mile race down at Vicksburg on April 27.

No comments:

Post a Comment