Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Cold in the air and in my body


This morning I went downtown and paddled for 90 minutes.  There was a north breeze blowing and the temperature was around 40 degrees Fahrenheit.  There were patches of blue sky overhead but no real sunshine.  In all, a rather cheerless day.  But I shouldn't complain, because while I was down along the Gulf Coast last week, Memphis was having its worst week of weather this winter.

It's been weeks since I've used my Go Pro camera.  Needless to say, I've had some weightier matters on my mind lately than my little amateur video project.  But I wish I had had the camera on board today, because I encountered a flock of migrating pelicans over on the Arkansas side near the southern tip of the Loosahatchie Bar.

I guess I will soon be dreaming up a strength routine for the month of March, but the way I've been burning the candle at both ends, it's probably not the worst thing for me to be taking my time on that.  I've actually come down with a little cold, and the only surprising thing about that is that I haven't gotten much sicker much sooner.

No comments:

Post a Comment