Thursday, March 14, 2013

Both ends burning on this candle

This morning I did two sets of the March strength routine and paddled for 110 minutes.  I paddled up to the mouth of the Wolf River and then a mile or so up the Wolf during this longer-than-usual paddling session.

I went to the river prepared to take pictures of the pelicans, but sadly they were gone.  A big reason, probably, is that the river is rising and the dike they had been hanging out on is now underwater.

I felt quite good in the boat in spite of yet another poor night of sleep.  I'm not sure where I'm finding the energy to do everything I'm doing right now.  I've never been much of a multi-tasker and have never liked to have many balls in the air, but that's the position I find myself in right now.  In addition to paddling, today I looked at a property where I might relocate my woodworking shop and test-drove a pickup truck that I'll need because the truck I'd been using to transport logs and lumber around will be staying with my soon-to-be ex-spouse.

After busy days like this you'd think I'd fall into bed and go right to sleep, but I guess it's the grief, anger, and other emotions you'd expect in a person whose spouse has left him that keep me wide awake for hours.  And so I'm feeling like I'm just waiting for the other shoe to drop in the form of an injury or a severe illness.

No comments:

Post a Comment