Sunday, March 3, 2013

One more Gulf Coast session

Battle on the Bayou race director Nick Kinderman said yesterday that the results would be posted online by tomorrow or Tuesday, but apparently he was feeling all productive and got them up today.  Take a look at them here.

I slept rather late this morning and decided to skip paddling and get myself back to Memphis.  But then I went outside and found the weather quite nice--cool and breezy, but lots of sunshine--and changed my mind.  It was too pretty a day not to paddle, and I doubt the weather is as nice up in Memphis right now.

I put in at the cove where yesterday's race had started and paddled out into the Back Bay of Biloxi.  Then the wind began to pick up, so I turned around and headed up into the more protected waters of Old Fort Bayou.  I returned to my putin spot after 90 minutes of paddling.

I'm feeling surprisingly free of soreness today.  In recent years I have been extremely sore for a couple of days after each race, but it seems I have been spared this time.

No comments:

Post a Comment